Senior Hardware Developer for embedded designs to EMRI
We are rethinking our company and our industry.
We are revamping our entire product portfolio and developing the maritime steering systems of the future. At the same time, we are growing our retrofit business.
Joining EMRI is a unique opportunity to really make a difference. Both in shaping a changing and growing organization, but also in participating in creating some exciting products that will literally steer the maritime industry and contribute to reducing the energy consumption in maritime transportation?
EMRI is looking for a Senior Hardware developer with solid experience in product design to help grow our newly established product development department.
As a hardware developer in EMRI, you will be working closely together with the Mechanical and Firmware team to help bring our next generation Autopilot and steering and control system portfolio to marked.
You will be member of the hardware team, participating in all phases of development, from idea to production.
You will be a part of designing our new modular hardware platform spanning from display panels, embedded processors and industrial specialized IO modules. We are working with everything from Analog IO to Embedded ARM design and using various serial communication standards such as serial, USB, Ethernet and CAN-bus.
You hold a bachelor's degree or higher in electrical engineering. You can work independently, structured and have a solution-oriented approach to projects. Furthermore, you are focused, energetic and see strength in knowledge sharing.
Hardware developer Qualifications:
- MCU design and board bring up (NXP family is a plus).
- Knowledge of processor architecture, digital circuit design, analogue circuit design and various low speed communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, CAN-bus.
- Experience working with high-speed digital PCB design, impedance-controlled layout for DDR RAM, PCIe, Ethernet, USB and TMDS.
- Knowledge of display interface design (LCD / TFT) is a plus.
- Schematic and Layout in Altium.
- SMPS design/specification including Power and Thermal management.
- Electronics hands-on troubleshooting.
- Design for EMC compatibility.
- Worked with maritime systems before.
- Expericene with EMC Testing and Type Approval certification.
- Expericene with handling external EMS partners.
- Basic firmware knowledge for MCU bring-up and testing.
EMRI is based in Herlev, close to transport options and free parking. The address is Marielundvej 37A, 2750 Herlev.
Application and interest
EPICO Search are recruitment partner to EMRI for this position. Any enquiries regarding this role may be directed to Recruitment Senior Business Manager, Mia Boldsen Müller on +45 28 66 39 43.
EMRI has been developing intelligent steering systems for deep sea ships for 50 years. Our systems control everything from the largest cruise liners to the most exclusive mega-yachts. In 2020 we were bought by the Japanese company Furuno who has designated us as their global competence center for maritime steering systems. We are a Danish company head quartered in the Copenhagen area. We also have a small R&D office in Aalborg.