Senior Software Engineering Manager at the LEGO Group
The LEGO Group - København
Are you the experienced Engineering Manager who run your team by enacting leadership activities to foster a motivated, brave, and curious engineering team with a high focus on craftmanship and strong performance?
Bring your talents to work! Use your knowledge to take part in building the Kids Technology leadership team and in shaping the culture of the department.
• In collaboration with business stakeholders and their product managers, you will set the direction for our consumer facing digital kids experiences, acting as an enabler of multiple, empowered product teams, ensuring focus and progress towards desired outcomes
• Recruit engineering talent and support their continued development through mentoring and coaching
• Set the technical direction within your capability area and ensure its adoption in your engineering team and among relevant stakeholders.
• Support a “product culture” mindset by matching people and their skills to product teams
• Create a structure for and secure execution of knowledge sharing and interest groups
• Foster a collaborative environment for our product teams, enabling them to release their potential
Play your part in our team succeeding
The Kids Technology department is responsible for delivering and maintaining global consumer experiences like LEGO® Life, LEGO.com/kids, Digital Building Instructions, mobile games, etc.
As Senior Manager of backend Engineering in Kids Technology, you will lead a team of passionate backend engineers working in full featured product teams and be the competency lead of one of our Backend Engineering teams.
In this role, you will collaborate with multiple business stakeholders and product managers to deliver awesome digital consumer experiences that delight our consumers and meets our business objectives.
As a part of the Kids Technology leadership team, you will be co-leading the broader department, including setting direction on technology, architecture, and engineering practices, as well as supporting our product teams.
Do you have what it takes?
The ideal candidate has a degree in software engineering, computer science, or an IT-focused commercial degree. Alternatively, proven experience from similar positions.
This position is located in Copenhagen, but your team will be placed in both Billund and Copenhagen, so a few trips to Billund each month for management and team meetings are to be expected.
· 4+ years of documented experience from a digital engineering position; preferable within backend or full stack engineering
· Prior documented experience working with software product development as a software architect, lead engineer, or similar
· 2+ years of documented experience working as people or team lead in Digital
· Understanding of agile methodologies and experience working with or on agile development teams
· Excellent communication, leadership, coaching, and negotiation skills
As a person, you are a natural leader who thrives with developing and enabling the team, and you are motivated by succeeding together with your colleagues. As a Leader, you enjoy enabling teams and individuals to reach their goals through coaching and mutual trust.
In addition, you:
• Have experience from working with large-scale digital consumer products.
• Value efficient and agile product implementation over process heavy project execution
• Experience with at least one modern, object-oriented programming language, like C#
• Experience working with cloud platforms
• You are not foreign to concepts like continuous delivery, DevOps, serverless architecture, and domain driven design
Join the global LEGO® team
What’s in it for you? Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programs run by local teams where you are based.
Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with the flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility, and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Application and interest
EPICO Search is a recruitment partner to the LEGO Group for this position. Any inquiries may be directed to Serina Klejstrup at +45 5188 5201.
As we want the position filled as soon as possible, we will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group
These are exciting times for the LEGO Group as they look to build on their continued success. In their quest to reach the builders of tomorrow they are looking to hire the best talent and have teamed up with some awesome partners in the market, like us! This might mean you could be contacted by multiple people about different opportunities. Don’t worry though, this just means you have a really interesting profile! Be sure to let us know if you’re already speaking with the LEGO Group directly so we can make sure you’re always talking to the right people.
EPICO-IT is an IT consultancy with a wide range of IT resources. EPICO is one of the largest IT consultancies in Denmark with more than 10 years of experience as a consultancy. The organization employs more than 500 IT consultants in the Nordics and parts of Europe and consists of more than 70 employees, who administrate a database with more than 6.000 CV’s within all IT-areas. EPICO’s core business consists of identifying, qualifying, and delivering freelance IT consultants from almost every IT-area to organizations. Additionally, EPICO also has specialized business units which are: Business intelligence, Data Warehouse, Cloud and Analytics (DCA), newly graduated and young IT consultants (EPICO NextGen), nearshore IT resources (Poland), and recruitment of IT specialists for permanent employment (EPICO Search).
Read more about EPICO-IT A/S: www.epico.dk