Lead Engineer for Emerging Technologies to Creative Play Lab at the LEGO Group
LEGO - Billund
As the Lead Engineer, Emerging Technologies you will work to create the technological foundation for new play experiences used to create engaging digital play experiences for all LEGO® users, and you will have a broad range of responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Set direction for the team leading new technology enabled play experience for the LEGO Group
- Be hands on with code, implement algorithms and guide your
- Interface with hardware to enable hybrid physical/digital experiences through metaverse platforms.
- Work in a multi-functional product team, collaborating across the full value-chain in software & product development
- Ensure world-class quality and the strong LEGO® values that consumers expect from our brand
Play your part in our team succeeding
The Play Engineering organization is an important part of the LEGO Group and are dedicated to developing digital, physical, and electronic play components for use in LEGO® products. Our focus is on developing reusable and scalable components and platform using the newest technologies.
We work with an agile mindset and in collaboration with the Product Development organization, to deliver seamlessly integrated digital play experiences for the Builders of Tomorrow.
Do you have what it takes?
Preferred candidates have a relevant education and hold a Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering/ IT or similar fields. Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience creating working solutions within one or more of the following areas:
- AR algorithms (e.g. VIO, pose estimation or object recognition)
- IoT (e.g. data streaming, virtual twin technology)
- Sensor Fusion and estimation technologies (e.g. path estimation, Kalman/particle filtering)
- Audio Processing and NLP (Natural Language Processing)
In addition, we expect that you:
- Have proven experience leading a team of engineers in technology.
- Have the ability to translate user stories and customer requirements into good software designs and solutions.
- Can translate theory into functional code.
- Have advanced English skills both written and verbally.
- Have an inclusive mindset and, a natural desire to continuously improve and optimize both individually and together with your team
Furthermore, you are eager to be part of and contribute to the LEGO® culture where fun and play is part of our daily work.
What’s in it for you? Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurance – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based
Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build, so, from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility, and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
These are exciting times for the LEGO Group as they look to build on their continued success. In their quest to reach the builders of tomorrow they are looking to hire the best talent and have teamed up with some awesome partners in the market, like us! This might mean you could be contacted by multiple people about different opportunities. Don’t worry though, this just means you have a really interesting profile! Be sure to let us know if you’re already speaking with the LEGO Group directly so we can make sure you’re always talking to the right people.
Application and interest
EPICO Search is recruitment partner to the LEGO Group for this position. Any enquiries may be directed to Regional Manager, Annette Hjordt-Nielsen on +45 61 61 74 36 or via email to email@example.com
As we want the position filled as soon as possible, we will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.