Technical Artist: 3D look developer (UNREAL Engine) to the LEGO Group
The LEGO Group - København
As part of the LEGO® Digital Technology organization, you will work as a trusted member of the CG product team in a Technical Artist & 3D look development capacity.
The team consists of skilled and experienced developers that together with the Product Manager will define the visual quality, tool and pipeline needs for the current and future business needs.
This role is anchored in LEGO® Digital Copenhagen Campus.
You will work within our Immersive team to support development utilizing game engine technology to enable the creation of photoreal marketing/ animated content, as well as support VR & AR applications for various business needs.
- Align with customers & team to create final looks, templates, and materials for CG LEGO® assets to be used in production of photoreal LEGO® content for still frame & animated marketing content as well as support business AR/ VR needs
- Create and debug shader and materials graphs throughout production
- Troubleshoot problems and implement solutions on materials to support tight production deadlines
- Attend daily department meetings as required and work with senior developers on integration of materials into asset builds
- Support LEGO® in its Digital Transformation journey away from traditional offline rendering (V-Ray) to a Realtime pipeline
- 3+ years production experience in gaming feature, film VFX or similar field
- Proficiency with Unreal engine including Blueprints & shaders
- Proficiency working with Maya asset workflows between Maya and Unreal
- Understanding of the PBR workflow and working with Textures for look development
- Proficiency with Substance suite and Substance Automation Tools
- Must possess strong initiative, excellent communication, time management and problem-solving skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills (English)
- V-Ray experience
- Experience with USD
- Experience with Material X, OSL, MDL
- Experience with performance profiling in Unreal
- Shader coding in HLSL / GLSL
Join the global LEGO® teamWhat’s in it for you? Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based
Colleague Discount - We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
These are exciting times for the LEGO Group as they look to build on their continued success. In their quest to reach the builders of tomorrow they are looking to hire the best talent and have teamed up with some awesome partners in the market, like us! This might mean you could be contacted by multiple people about different opportunities. Don’t worry though, this just means you have a really interesting profile! Be sure to let us know if you’re already speaking with the LEGO Group directly so we can make sure you’re always talking to the right people.
Application and interest
EPICO Search is recruitment partner to the LEGO Group for this position. Any enquiries may be directed to Weronika Kosowicz on +45 30 86 71 80.
As we want the position filled as soon as possible, we will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.