Head of CRM, Commerce Platform & Architecture
In Coloplast, we are on an ambitious and exciting journey rolling out Salesforce.com globally. Currently, we are live in 29 countries with + 3400 users and even more are to come. Salesforce.com is one of our biggest strategic initiatives with a significant impact for our commercial organization.
Anchored in Global IT with close collaboration with the Coloplast core business and more than 200 colleagues across the world, you will be part of our CRM Enabling Business program with more than 50 committed and skilled colleagues across IT and business, working every day to deliver a best-in-class commercial platform.
Your overall responsibility is to guide the strategic projects, to ensure the right architectural decisions, guaranteeing a scalable platform and drawing up the support function. You will manager a team of six skilled people covering; architecture, release management and support. I relation to this, you are responsible for the externally sourced 24/7 support of Salesforce.com with more than10 colleagues.
Additionally, you will have the technical responsibility for our marketing automation platform (Eloqua).
You are the link between Global IT and the business. You therefore need to be able to navigate in an environment with different cultures, complex stakeholder management and know when to stand your ground, when to push back and when to be pragmatic.
Your daily responsibilities will cover the following:
- Overall IT responsible for the Salesforce platform including architecture & integrations
- Owner of the development principals and ensure Global IT architect alignment were needed and accountable for Design Authority Board
- Lead the team and support the strategic projects in an efficient way.
- Define the future roadmap for the platforms in cooperation with the business
- Anchor and develop a new way of securing continually regression test
- Secure that the input from the external support unit is anchored in the architectural roadmap, ensuring that defined SLA is met.
- Collaborate with the business and Salesforce securing stable performance and smooth implementation of releases of new functionality.
- Participate in the design authority and in the cross functional architect board meetings representing Salesforce and marketing automation. Furthermore, drive the Salesforce architect forum
- Safeguard security and compliance
- M.Sc. in Economics and Business Administration with strong IT competencies, Master in IT Management or similar
- Extensive experience with global CRM solutions and integrations - preferably Salesforce
- Experience with developing and supporting global solutions
- At least 3 years of people management experience
- Stakeholder management skills and the ability to set the scene ensuring progress collaborating with both internal stakeholders and external contributors
- Strong communications skills, - fluent in English, in both speech and writing – Danish is not a prerequisite.
You will get
- Committed colleagues and fun on the way
- Technical challenges
- An international environment
- Close collaboration with stakeholders at all levels
- High ambitions and focus to achieve results
How to apply?
The recruitment process is handled by EPICOSearch
If you have any questions regarding the position, feel free to contact Senior Business Consultant Pauline Christiansen on +45 53 74 71 53 or send your application / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are continuously evaluated, and we look forward to receiving yours.
Coloplast is committed to being an inclusive organization, where people bring their differences to work each day, fulfil their potential and have a strong sense of belonging because – and not despite – of their differences. We therefore encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of gender, age, race, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religious belief or physical ability.
EPICO-IT is an IT consultancy with a wide range of IT resources. EPICO is one of the largest IT consultancies in Denmark with more than 10 years of experience as a consultancy. The organization employs more than 500 IT consultants in the Nordics and parts of Europe and consists of more than 70 employees, who administrate a database with more than 6.000 CV’s within all IT-areas. EPICO’s core business consists of identifying, qualifying, and delivering freelance IT consultants from almost every IT-area to organizations. Additionally, EPICO also has specialized business units which are: Business intelligence, Data Warehouse, Cloud and Analytics (DCA), newly graduated and young IT consultants (EPICO NextGen), nearshore IT resources (Poland), and recruitment of IT specialists for permanent employment (EPICO Search).
Read more about EPICO-IT A/S: www.epico.dk