Pharma Research IT Systems Engineer for Novo Nordisk - Copenhagen
You get the opportunity to join a diverse and high performing team with a variety of backgrounds within IT. We use our differences to bridge life science research and computer science by designing, implementing and operating scientific IT applications supporting R&D while we strive for excellence in everything we do.
About the department:
Research Applications – at Novo Nordisk - provide all scientific IT platforms, analysis and registration applications to more than 1400 scientists at Novo Nordisk across the globe. Currently, we are transforming our scientific research application landscape and data infrastructure towards an agile and data centric informatics environment. Growing extensively, among others Novo Nordisk is offering a job opening for Pharma Research IT Systems Engineer.
What, Novo Nordisk offer in the role:
• A key role in building the future research application platform to let scientists discover novel drugs changing our patients’ lives
• Wide variety of responsibilities and demanding tasks
• High impact on the deployed solutions
• An inspiring, energetic and growing international Research Applications team with the mandate to transform research IT at Novo Nordisk
• Direct interactions with world’s best research scientists
• Engaging scientific collaborations within the Structure, Bioinformatics and Data Science (SBD) area
• Great possibilities to continue skill building in a challenging environment
Your primary responsibilities and tasks are:
• Execution responsibility
• Specification of infrastructure to host applications
• Design and implementation of integration solutions
• Application deployment
• Planning and execution of data migration
• Project management responsibility
• Technical project management in implementation of applications
• Technical management and coordination of technical 3rd party vendors
• Technical management of implementation consultants
• Maintenance responsibility
• Trouble shooting
• End-user support related to data recovery and error clean-up
• Collaboration with 3rd party vendors on diagnosing and fixing bugs
• Technical planning and execution of bug fixes
• Guidance and communication
• Documentation and SOP’s for infrastructure and application maintenance by external service provider
• Guides for end-user support
• Support team training
• Establishing close connections to scientific research areas to identify and translate their IT needs
You hold a PhD or Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, information systems technology or related field. Alternatively, you have a degree in natural sciences with strong interest and experience working with scientific research IT solutions. Previous experience (5+ years) in pharmaceutical industry in a similar role would be highly favourable.
We are looking for a blend of these qualifications:
• At least 5 years of experience from working in an organizational environment with responsibility for implementing solution for >1000 users
• Good understanding of science and research processes in pharma
• Ability to translate research area’s requirements to tangible IT projects
• Experience with software module design (incl. GoF Design Patterns) and design documentation (e.g. UML)
• Experience with implementation, configuration and integration of pharma research applications
• Coding experience in several object oriented languages at a level suitable for incident analysis and programming for integration
• Practical experience with development involving databases (implementation of data models, query construction, integration tasks and ETL operations)
• Good technical understanding of Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, .Net and webservice APIs
• Experience with a mixed on-premise / SaaS application, cloud and virtualization environment
• Solid knowledge about platform technologies (operating systems (Windows and Linux), virtualization and cloud technologies, containers, application servers, authentication and directory services, TCP/IP based networks and infrastructure scripting)
• Experience with a wide range of service architecture patterns incl. n-tier and micro services
• Understanding of the importance of performance and experience with a broad range of performance optimization strategies
• Highly process oriented mindset
• Self-organized, driven, responsible, communicative with proactive and go-do mindset
EPICO Search is partner for Novo Nordisk in this recruitment project. For application or further information, please contact director Anya Vangsgaard at +45-53 74 71 80 - e-mail: email@example.com or senior business manager Pauline Christiansen at
+45 53 74 71 53 - e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As Novo Nordisk wants the positions filled as soon as possible we will conduct interviews ongoing.
Working at Novo Nordisk – Life-changing careers
We are world leaders in diabetes care with a growing business in other treatment areas like haemophilia. We are more than 42,700 employees in 79 countries. Join us!
Novo Nordisk is a global company offering worldwide opportunities to employees. From research and development, through to manufacturing, marketing and sales, the skills and backgrounds that our employees bring to work are diverse.
Our comprehensive value chain offers the potential for you to experience areas of the business outside your initial skill set, so developing your career through in-house as well as external training.
+45 53 74 71 80
Opret dit CV på 2 min., så vi kan kontakte dig med det rette jobOpret mit CV