Pharma Research IT Solution Architect for Novo Nordisk - Copenhagen
You get the opportunity to join a diverse and high performing team with a variety of backgrounds within IT. We use our differences to bridge life science research and computer science by designing, implementing and operating scientific IT applications supporting R&D while we strive for excellence in everything we do.
About the department:
Research Applications – at Novo Nordisk - provide all scientific IT platforms, analysis and registration applications to more than 1400 scientists at Novo Nordisk across the globe. Currently, we are transforming our scientific research application landscape and data infrastructure towards an agile and data centric informatics environment. Growing extensively, among others Novo Nordisk is offering a job opening for
Pharma Research IT Solution Architect.
What, Novo Nordisk offer in the role:
• A key role in building the future research application platform to let scientists discover novel drugs changing our patients’ lives
• Wide variety of responsibilities and demanding tasks
• High impact on the deployed solutions
• An inspiring, energetic and growing international Research Applications team with the mandate to transform research IT at Novo Nordisk
• Direct interactions with world’s best research scientists
• Engaging scientific collaborations within the Structure, Bioinformatics and Data Science (SBD) area
• Great possibilities to continue skill building in a challenging environment
Your primary responsibilities and tasks are:
• Overall responsibility at both strategic and tactic level for
• Application and deployment architecture
• Integration strategies
• Data formats
• Communication protocols
• Top-level responsibility split
• Translation and mapping of business and data workflows to configure IT systems
• Establishing close connections to scientific research areas to identify and translate their IT needs
• Design responsibility
• Core services (e.g. distributed and centralized entity identification)
• Ensure effective capture of data to enable data science
• Execution responsibility
• Elicitation and management of Software Quality Attributes
• Definition of specific SQA-related metrics
• Guidelines and requirements for new systems and integration methodology (accept criteria)
• Principles for security
• Guidelines for documentation
You hold a PhD or Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, information systems technology or related field. Alternatively, you have a degree in natural sciences with strong interest and experience working with scientific research IT solutions. Previous experience (5+ years) in pharmaceutical industry in a similar role would be highly favourable.
We are looking for a blend of these qualifications:
• At least 5 years of experience from position with architectural responsibility for complex distributed systems involving >1000 users and multiple geographical sites
• Experience with established software architecture methodology
• Strong practical experience with data modelling focusing on integrity, scalability and performance
• Solid software technology background. Preferable background in programming allowing an understanding of the challenges and options in solution implementation
• Practical experience in working with a mixture of 3rd party vendors, consultants and in-house colleagues
• Experience with implementation and integration of pharma research applications
• Good understanding of science and research processes in pharma
• Ability to translate research area’s requirements to tangible IT solutions
• Conceptual understanding of Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, .Net and webservice APIs
• Experience with a mixed on-premise / SaaS application, cloud and virtualization environment
• Technical project management experience
• Self-organized, driven, responsible, communicative with proactive and go-do mindset
EPICO Search is partner for Novo Nordisk in this recruitment project. For application or further information, please contact director Anya Vangsgaard at +45-53 74 71 80 - e-mail: email@example.com or senior business manager Pauline Christiansen at
+45 53 74 71 53 - e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As Novo Nordisk wants the positions filled as soon as possible we will conduct interviews ongoing.
Working at Novo Nordisk – Life-changing careers:
We are world leaders in diabetes care with a growing business in other treatment areas like haemophilia. We are more than 42,700 employees in 79 countries. Join us!
Novo Nordisk is a global company offering worldwide opportunities to employees. From research and development, through to manufacturing, marketing and sales, the skills and backgrounds that our employees bring to work are diverse.
Our comprehensive value chain offers the potential for you to experience areas of the business outside your initial skill set, so developing your career through in-house as well as external training.
+45 53 74 71 80
Opret dit CV på 2 min., så vi kan kontakte dig med det rette jobOpret mit CV