Pharma Research IT System Manager for Novo Nordisk - Copenhagen
You get the opportunity to join a diverse and high performing team with a variety of backgrounds within IT. We use our differences to bridge life science research and computer science by designing, implementing and operating scientific IT applications supporting R&D while we strive for excellence in everything we do.
About the department:
Research Applications – at Novo Nordisk - provide all scientific IT platforms, analysis and registration applications to more than 1400 scientists at Novo Nordisk across the globe. Currently, we are transforming our scientific research application landscape and data infrastructure towards an agile and data centric informatics environment. Growing extensively, among others Novo Nordisk is offering a job opening for Pharma Research IT System Manager.
What, Novo Nordisk offer in the role:
• A key role in building the future research application platform to let scientists discover novel drugs changing our patients’ lives
• Wide variety of responsibilities and demanding tasks
• High impact on the deployed solutions
• An inspiring, energetic and growing international Research Applications team with the mandate to transform research IT at Novo Nordisk
• Direct interactions with world’s best research scientists
• Engaging scientific collaborations within the Structure, Bioinformatics and Data Science (SBD) area
• Great possibilities to continue skill building in a challenging environment
Your primary responsibilities and tasks are:
• Application strategy
• Full application life cycle management
• Retirement and replacement strategy incl. data migration strategy
• Contingency planning
• Release cycle management
• Release planning (release content, estimation and resource planning)
• Stakeholder management and communication
• Verification planning and documentation
• Deployment planning
• Operation management
• Establishment of SLAs with external parties
• Preparation of operational SOPs
• Operation quality assurance incl. application monitoring
• Audit planning and execution
• Deployment of new releases
• Incident management (diagnostics, risk assessment, solution planning and fix deployment)
• Risk management
• Identification and quantification of CIA risks
• Specification and verification of risk mitigations
• Risk management reporting
• User management
• Maintenance of user access and user privileges
• User access review
• Documentation of all aspects of access management
• Requirements management
• Recording of feature requests
• Tracking of requirements through-out release cycle
• Stakeholder communication
• Planning and execution of user training
• Planning and execution of beta test
• Communication of release plans
• Communication of operational status and operational metrics
You hold a PhD or Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, information systems technology or related field. Alternatively, you have a degree in natural sciences with strong interest and experience working with scientific research IT solutions. Previous experience (5+ years) in pharmaceutical industry in a similar role would be highly favourable.
We are looking for a blend of these qualifications:
• Experience with operation and maintenance of a software application involving >1000 users in several time zones
• Experience with management of external service provider
• Experience with release cycle planning
• Experienced in preparation of procedures for operation and application support
• Teaching and training experience
• Experience with verification planning, execution and documentation
• Good understanding of science and research processes in pharma
• Highly process oriented mindset
• Self-organized, driven, responsible, communicative with proactive and go-do mindset
EPICO Search is partner for Novo Nordisk in this recruitment project. For application or further information, please contact director Anya Vangsgaard at +45-53 74 71 80 - e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or senior business manager Pauline Christiansen at
+45 53 74 71 53 - e-mail: email@example.com.
As Novo Nordisk wants the positions filled as soon as possible we will conduct interviews ongoing.
Working at Novo Nordisk – Life-changing careers
We are world leaders in diabetes care with a growing business in other treatment areas like haemophilia. We are more than 42,700 employees in 79 countries. Join us!
Novo Nordisk is a global company offering worldwide opportunities to employees. From research and development, through to manufacturing, marketing and sales, the skills and backgrounds that our employees bring to work are diverse.
Our comprehensive value chain offers the potential for you to experience areas of the business outside your initial skill set, so developing your career through in-house as well as external training. https://www.novonordisk.com/careers.html.
+45 53 74 71 80
Opret dit CV på 2 min., så vi kan kontakte dig med det rette jobOpret mit CV